Friday, April 13, 2012

Research check 15

#56
How Do I Use Repetition

L: mental repetition is the least effective since it does not involve any muscle movement or physical activity.
I: there's no way I can show my dancers a video of me doing. Routine and expecting them to learn it without being able to practice it physically.

L: the learners are using repetition because they are stating the steps in the procedure over and over again.
I: I remember one of my teachers in the studio used words to help us remember what part went next. I remembered a hard partin the routine that way.

L: Repetiton helps learners retsina facts, labels, lists, rules, and procedures in their long-term memory under the assumption that the more often information s retrieved and used,the more deeply it will be processed.
I: it's the reason dancers can sometimes remember routines after months or years of not performing the routine. It had been burned into their brains because ofme repetition.

L: it is common that the learners will forget the information. In these cases, refresh the learners' memory with timely intervals of repetition so that the information is not forgotten.
I: my service learner always does this because she wouldn't have seen her kids in a whole week. She will review at least 5 times what she went over the previous week so the girls don't forget, or get a refresher, and then she proceeds to teach new material.

#57
Improving Dance Musicality

L: music inspires, it motivates, and it actually helps you dance better.
I: if it werent for music, there wouldn't be dance. Dance is music and music is dance.

L: musicality, however, is more than just being on the music. It's the ability to hear subtle qualities and structures within the music and then communicate them throug your dancing.
I: there are certain sounds in music that are essential to a routine and also show you how to move to the mood of the song and the feel f the sounds.

L: when melody an harmony join rhythm and tempo, music offers abundant information and guidance too dancer.
I: the routine I'm teaching now goes by the lyrics and syllables of singers' lyrics. He entire routine is choreographed around the syllables of the lyrics more than go beat or be counts of r song.

L: if the music is bold and big, dance bold and big.
I: if you dance a song by beyonce, you are not going to dance cute little dance steps, no. Uounaregoing to hair flip and strut, and be bigger than life because that's who beyonce is and that's what her music is about. Her music is about being a diva and about being the biggest larger than life person you can be. So that's what needs to be accomplished when you dance a song to, with a certain mood.

L:musicality also helps solve problems. When. Turn isn't working or you're behind in a speedy combination, listen to the the rythm and accent of the music.
I: I can't even begin to explain how many times I've gotten counts wrong when teaching choreo to my dancers. I always have to go back and listen to my music to understand or fix what i'm trying to convey. it's also a god ting to understand she. You lose your spot during a routine or you mess up.

No comments:

Post a Comment